Fix Safari certificate error
Safari users on Mac OS X may receive one or both of the following browser warnings when using WUSTL CONNECT login services:
This issue should be fixed when Apple issues a security update that includes the new VeriSign root certificates, but it can also be fixed by following these steps.
1. Download the VeriSign Class 3 Secure Server CA certificate.
2. The certificate file (“VeriSign3SSCA.crt”) will be downloaded to Safari’s default Downloads folder in your home directory (unless you specified another default location). The Downloads folder is available in the dock:
3. Click the document icon in the Dock, and then click on VeriSign3SSCA.crt:
4. The Keychain Access application will launch and present the Add Certificates dialog box; select System from the Keychain pop-up menu, and click OK:
5. You will be prompted to enter the username and password of a Mac OS X account that has administrator privileges on your Macintosh:
6. You may now safely delete the VeriSign3SSCA.crt file from you’re the Downloads folder.